In the case of intertriginous candidiasis, it is also important that no moist chamber is left. For this, the affected skin regions must be adequately ventilated. Gauze strips that have been inserted into the wrinkles (for example, in the groin, wrinkles under the breast, armpits) help to keep the affected areas dry.
Anyone who cares for relatives with Intertrigo should seek detailed advice from the doctor or nursing staff.
How to stop itching from yeast infection- Information
Candida albicans has temporarily become a “fashion diagnosis”. Again and again you hear allegations that the yeast fungus in the intestine cause numerous diseases, such as depression or migraine. A sugar-rich diet would “feed” the candida fungus in the gut, it is said. Therefore, according to some advisers, an anti-fungal diet and / or intestinal cleansing should help.
These claims, however, lack a scientific basis. Candida occurs in about every second healthy Central European in the large intestine and does not cause any complaints there. People without immune deficiency rarely suffer from infections with the fungus. The detection of Candida species on the skin or in the intestine thus does not always indicate an infection. Only if there are appropriate symptoms (see above), must be thought of a candidosis and, if appropriate, a commenced treatment.
How to stop itching from yeast infection- Tips
Candidosis (yeast infection)
- Candidosis is an infection with the yeast Candida.Candidoses occur predominantly in moist areas of the skin.
- They can cause rash, dandruff, itching and swelling.
- The affected areas are examined and skin samples taken for microscopic examination.
- For the treatment of candidosis, antifungal creams or oral antimycotics are used.
Candida albicans is a yeast that normally occurs in the mouth, digestive tract and vagina, and usually does no harm. However, Candida can grow excessively on the mucous membranes and moist areas of the skin under certain conditions. Typical areas are the oral mucosa, groin, armpits, areas between fingers and toes, or under the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis, the skin folds under the breasts, the nails and the stomach folds. Candida can infect the skin under the following conditions:
- Hot and humid weather
- Tight, synthetic underwear
- Bad hygiene
- A too rare change of diapers or underwear, especially in children and the elderl
- A weakened immune system due to diabetes, other illnesses, the use of corticosteroids and other medicines to suppress the immune system.
- Pregnancy, obesity (obesity) or the use of antibiotics